Through his highly clandestine blog he has tagged me : "10 or more Reasons why Mithunda should get 2007's Lifetime Acheivement Oscar" .
So here's my ode to Prabhuji. The academy needs to honor and recognize this super-being :
(1) For creating the phenomena now popularly known as DISCO.
(2) For forging a bond stronger than "ye fevicol ka bond hai" with Bappi Lahiri and in the process churning out world cinema, world music, world theatre and world symphony's greatest musical numbers .
(3) For his single minded devotion to avenge the rapes of his 1,00,00,000 onscreen sisters.
(4) For, through his movies, finally pointing out the fallacies in the theories of those "gora physicists": Newton, Einstein, Oppenheimer Hawkings et al., and through his movies developing a new branch of natural sciences now known as "Principia Mithunika"-- "Mithunik principles of natural philosophy", which has led to breakthroughs in finally developing a Grand-Unified -Theory for the universe. Top secret research is being carried out in the basements and undrrground parking lots of Hotel Monarch and the application of this theory has been shown in many of Prabhuji's movies . Please rent Loha, Hitler, Cheetah for further reference.
(5) For creating a business model for the film industry guaranteed to produce 50 superhit movies a year out of 51 produced. The 51st doesnt count as DARPA, USA, buys exclusive rights for that 51st movie each year to advance their next-genertion-weapons-system research.
(6) For his pathbreaking potrait of a man-tiger in the greatest movie in the history of movies : "Cheetah".
(7) For spotting, nurturing, developing and finally introducing phenomenol heavy-buxomed, tyre-waisted, thunder-thighed ravishing out-of-this-world beauties to world cinema.
(8) For being an inspiration for millions of movie makers around the world. From James bond to Rocky, from the governator in commando to De-Niro in Raging Bull, from Ray (in case you dont remember, Apu trilogy was a rural adaptation of Mithunda's life) to Tarantino (Kill Bill's blood-bath sequences were a straight lift from Ravan Raaj-A true story) one and all have been touched by Mithunda's movies.
(9) For creating such unforgetable onscreen characters as : Bhuvan Panda (Chingari), Baba Sikander (Elaan), Dr.Ram gopal acharya (Classic Dance of Love), Arjun Singh Toofan (Aaya Toofan), Amavas/Vijay Bahadur Kunwar/Police Inspector (Jallad and yea these are three roles-in-one-movie, three times as much Prabhuji as you wnt for the price of one), Zamindar Deva (Phool aur Aag), Bhola Nath (Dalaal), Gunmaster G-9/Gopinath (wardaat).
(10) For eternally confusing IMDB and the Academy as to whether to classify his movie as a thriller/love-story/sci-fi/horror and thus creating an all encompassing movie genre now being refereed to as Mithunik.
(11) And finally for true Mithundaistic panache in naming his heir Mimoh (dance like Michael Jackson and fight like Mohammad Ali)
So please ladies and gentleman spread the word around and let us bow before the king--- Mithunda. And feel free to contribute and enhance the list.
Tag for "10 or more reasons why mithunda should be nominated for 2007’s Lifetime Achievement Oscar". (post-post clarification). I tag :
. Other Mithunda lovers consider yourself tagged too.